Hey folks. This week I have Drew Smith. My secret podcasting topic weapon joins me for the show this week as we hash out Microscope, a game by Ben Robins from Lame Mage Productions. It leads us to the idea of creative constraint before we get to Drew ranting about getting to the action. We also chew on the fate of the Star Wars EU in the geekery.
0:33 – Intro
3:44 – Watercooler
- Evil Hat’s Fate adventure and campaign starter series through Pateron.
- Fate Boosts Revisited
- Numenera’s First Year
- Fractal adventure Idea’s and War of the Ashes
- Making Cards 3 ways with James Ernest from Cheap Ass Games
- Ted – Ed How to build a fictional world.
- Storyscape kickstarter launched
15:14 – Gameroom
Find a Link to GASP
Edge of the Empire – Heist Mechanics and “Getting to the Monkey/Action”
King of Tokyo + Expansions
Boss Monster (Card game)
Neverwinter MMO (optional, i dont know if anyone cares about this, but its technically D&D)
Arkham vs Eldritch Horror
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Final Fantasy IV the after years
Secret Tijuana Deathmatch
Nile De Luxor
37:55 – Workshop: Double shot
- Worldbuilding, Creativity, Player-Buy-In, and games like DW and Microscope.
- Microscope by Ben Robins
- “Getting to the Action”, learning to limit the setup and get things rolling as soon as possible?
1:12:25 – Geekery: Disney’s Overhaul of the StarWars Expanded Universe conversation.