Turn it up to 11. Darcy & Troy discuss high-powered play, both through leveling up to higher tiers and through power shifts, which enable play with superheroes and gods.
- Troy: Brandon Sanderson’s superhero book series, The Reckoners (and many other excellent books!). The Reckoners is about superpowered people who experience a darkness the more they use their powers, turning them further into villains. The Reckoners are non-powered people trying to take down these supervillains. Great inspiration for playing with the “high power at a cost” trope!
- Darcy: ConTessa is an organization that promotes and supports leaders in gaming who identify with historically marginalized or edged-out groups (such as women, LGBTQA+, people of color, people with disabilities, and more). Our events are run by people who identify as “other” in some way, but we welcome EVERYONE to participate in our events and play in our games!
- We’re looking for more gamemasters at Gen Con, and you can get your badge reimbursed if you run at least 6 hours of games and volunteer for 4 hours. 😀
- We also are running an online convention weekend around International Tabletop Day – come play or run things! I’m hosting an RPG Brunch discussion and am running a one-shot of Numenera!
Keep in touch & let us know your thoughts on the show!
- Tweet at us:
- Email us: email@example.com
- Review us: Cypher Speak iTunes Page
- Edited by Casey Ross
Thanks for all the support so far!