Hey Folks. We’re here at the house to chat with Captain Mappin who is suited up in his best TNG uniform, ready to tell us all about his very free Mass Effect RPG powered by Fate, and give us some inside stories from the olden days of the gaming industry. We also have our first part of our AMP Year One RPG review covering the setting of the game.
Tag Archive: Gameroom
Jul 10 2014
Hey Folks. This week Chris and Phil chat about The Improv Tool Kit and Creative Constraint while things are heating up with the yearly story as the villain makes their first appearance on the mics. Hope you enjoy and feel free to leave feedback. We always want to get better.
- L.U.G. Con (Let Us Game: All day and all night Convention!)
- Mechanical Bard: Ninth World Tales
- Evil Hat is looking for Playtesters for War of the Ashes
- D&D Basic Rules
- Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set: Fantasy Roleplaying Fundamentals (D&D Boxed Game)
- Blood Bowl coming soon on iOS and Android
- Zombiecide Season 3
- Stray’s – Kid friendly Fate Accelerated
- Short Order Heroes – Locations:
- Ross & Sean’s Big Denver Adventure happening this week.
- Pro Level Gaming’s D&D Starter Launch Party
- Collectors Inn
Sunday July 13th – UFS demo’s at 2pm.
Saturday July 19th – Golem Arcana Demo’s at 3pm.
- The Mad Wizard’s article on Critical Hits: A D&D Lover’s guide to DW
- Dresden Files Accelerated RPG playtest should be live sometime towards the end of July.
- Hero Forge partners with Shapeways
- Encoded Designs is gearing up for a bunch of information in the next week or two.
- The Hood - slow start, but solid session, tensions building
- Airy Peaks - good god what a great session
- Shadowrun Returns – loving it, but had to rewind
- Minecraft – Diamonds Steve’s best friend.
- Airy Peaks,
- The Hood
- Shadowrun Returns
- Lords of Waterdeep: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game
Workshop – Improv Tools and Constrained Creativity
Recent Gnome Stew article: http://www.gnomestew.com/gming-advice/improv-toolkit/
- Drone films Fireworks
Oct 24 2012
Happy All Hallows Eve my gaming friends. I hope your sweet tooth is satisfied this year be it by candy or costume and welcome to the 2012 Halloween edition of Misdirected Mark. So sink your fangs into this one as we discuss horror gaming for the holiday and say hi to Samhain if you see him. Also watch out for sparkling vampires. If you see them KOS with extreme prejudice.
1:24 – Watercooler
Where you can find us
telecommute gaming with MM on the 13th of November
James Ernest from Cheepass games and the EST EDT rant
9:18 – The Gameroom
Channel the Gygax
LFR Directors Cut
D&D Encoutners – Next Season by Shawn Merwin
16:14 The Workshop – Horror games and gaming
The Dorothy Costume
List of “scary” games
Suspense is key?
Cabin in the Woods
Horror is about Losing control?
Tracks which count down to zero.
Whispers from a ghost
Setting the mood
Improv game design
Slasher film tropes
Using something innocent in a horrific way
Take away things they care about and use them.
Ticking time bombs
Dangling the hope