If we miss signals that may move a guest from safe to another category, or if a past guest is revealed to be problematic based on our guest criteria after the release of their episode, Chris, Senda, and the show host will review the issue and come to a determination of what is best for the network and the show together. We will follow this with a public announcement of the issue and decision on the website. In these cases, especially when a past guest would move to a non-safe category due to new information, it is our preference to keep the episodes live when possible with an addendum to explain the situation, but we reserve the right to remove an episode from the network space when we feel it is necessary. If you have a concern about content on an episode that you feel needs our review, please drop us a note on twitter an email: info (at) misdirectedmark.com.
When handling posted problematic content (content that is against our community guidelines or our guest guidelines), we will follow these steps:
- Internally: we will make contact about the problem on Slack. Whoever is alerted that there is an issue should alert Senda, Chris, and the show host as soon as possible. Together we will:
- Determine if immediate action is necessary. This can include any of the following steps depending on how we see the issue:
- Announce that we acknowledge the issue and are deliberating on our best course of action.
- Temporary removal of an episode until such time as we make a final decision.
- Within 48 hours, deliberate with the host(s) of the show on what reflects best on both their podcast and the network. Come to a decision over the next 2-3 days as necessary. This deliberation should:
- Determine the gravity of the issue and how it reflects on the network and other associated brands
- Determine if there is a safety issue
- Determine if it is reasonable to keep the audio with a disclaimer to the issue or if different action should be taken (up to and including removal of the episode)
- Bring the results of this deliberation to the rest of the network for any concerns in our course of action. Give the network 24 hours to weigh in.
- Announce our course of action and act on it within one week of our initial notification.
The final decision on if an episode should be removed, if there is no consensus, will fall to Chris and Senda as management of the Misdirected Mark brand. In the event an episode is permanently removed, we will not stop the host from sharing the audio elsewhere since it is theirs, but all references to Misdirected Mark and other shows on our network must be removed.
|Scenario||Network Action||Who is involved|
|We are alerted to a problem||Publicly acknowledge issue; initiate review as above||Network/Public|
|Determine if immediate action is necessary||Announce if we are taking any action on the episode in question while reviewing the issue||MMP Leadership/Public|
|Deliberate||Chris and Senda work with the host to find a good solution||MMP Leadership/Host(s)|
|Network review||We bring the solution to the network for review/Discussion||MMP Leadership/Host(s)/Network|
|Announcement and action of decision||Publicly announce network decision and take agreed upon steps||Public|