How many Dungeons & Dragons campaign settings can you name from memory? We discuss our favorite ones, get nostalgic about the “good ol’ days”, and debate the merits of a good campaign setting! All this and much more–this week on Advantage to Insight!
Why this topic:
Which campaign setting should we play next?
– Dragonlance, Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Planescape, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, etc.
– Why use a published/established setting?
– What makes a setting unique, but still fantasy?
– Wizards of the Coast’s Fantasy Setting Search (2002)
– Existing setting vs. home brew, plethora of info vs. no info?
– Vote for Misdirected Mark for Best Podcast, 2016 ENnie Award!
– There are 24 officially recognized D&D campaign settings, not including sub-settings. Can you name them without searching Google?
– Congratulations Jen and Chris on your wedding!